- Posts: 83
- Liked: 2 times
- Joined: Feb 18, 2013 3:06 pm
- Full Name: Mike Green
We are currently considering some long term options. At present we use BackupExec for our tape jobs, but I am looking to integrate them into Veeam (we have an Enterprise Edition license).
Would someone be able to answer the following queries please?
1.) Does Veeam support multiple standalone tape drives?
2.) Can these tape drives run jobs at the same time?
3.) Are there any license requirements to use tape drives with Veeam or is this included in the Enterprise Edition licence?
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 1294
- Liked: 139 times
- Joined: Dec 01, 2016 3:49 pm
- Full Name: Dmitry Grinev
- Location: St.Petersburg
1. Yes, you can deploy as many Tape servers as you need with multiple tape devices connected (take a look on the Tape Device Deployment page of the User Guide).
2. Can you clarify a bit the scenario you are going to implement? You should be able to execute a several tape jobs simultaneously on different devices, if they aren't trying to work with the same backup files.
3. No, you can use all features related to tapes with the license you have. Thanks!
Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 11 guests