Is there a way, when building a "file to tape" job using a SMB share as source, to choose the proxy through which the SMB share will be read (same option you have for a repo for example) ?
I have a setup like this:
- Two HP Storeonce replicated each other (one on the primary site (A) , one on the secondary (B) )
- A Veeam Backup server on each Site, backuping local VMs to the local Storeonce array
- A Veeam proxy server on the primary site having a SAS LTO 6 autoloader connected to it. Used for backup to tape and archive purpose
What I do:
- A file to tape job is configured on Veeam Backup Server (A) to write to tape the backups made by Veeam Backup Server (B) after they have been replicated by Storeonce arrays.
- When I build the "file to tape "job, I browse the network to choose the readonly share exposed by the local storeonce array and that contains the replicated backup file. I can't tell the job to read the SMB share through the same proxy as the one holding the LTO drive. You can only browse the network through "this server". Then, when I start the tape Job, the backup server reads the SMB share and sends the data to the proxy who writes it on tape.
How can I configure it to make the tape proxy be the one who reads the SMB share ?
Veeamizing your IT since 2009/ Vanguard 2015,2016,2017