Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
inayama
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Tadashi Inayama

New Media Set Not Created Automatically for GFS Media Pool

Post by inayama »

Hello,

I'm trying to set up the Following Tape GFS Retension Schedule:

4 weeks for Weekly Fulls
3 months for Monthly Fulls
1 Quarter for Quarterly Fulls
1 Year for Yearly Fulls

The Media Sets are set to automatically pull a tape from the Tape GFS Media Pool, and I always make sure that there are at least 5 tapes in the Media Pool. The tapes are set to append so the tape jobs write until the tapes are full. I pull the tapes out when the tape jobs are complete for off-site.

I am writing the Tape Jobs straight from Backup Jobs to the Tape GFS Media Pool.

The problem I am having is when it was just setting up the new Weekly Media Sets, the Media Pool was working fine. After Monthly and Yearly Media Sets were created, the Weekly Media Sets are not being generated as scheduled. Last week the Tape Jobs were waiting for a new media for the Tape GFS Media Set because a new Media Set was not being generated automatically. I had to manually stop and restart the Tape Job for the new Weekly Media Set to be created. I need the Media Sets to be created automatically.

I opened a ticket 02014759 back in 12/19/16, but still not coming to resolution.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Tadashi
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1407 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: New Media Set Not Created Automatically for GFS Media Po

Post by Andreas Neufert »

The support ticket 02014759 was already escalated and you are working with our support representatives on this.
Based on the outcome of this we can maybe change the media set creation and other logic if needed.

If you think the support case needs to be escalated again, please let me know here.