Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
ASG
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times

Re: No Backup to Tape possible after upgrade to V12

Post by ASG »

@Gostev - what's the best way to do this? Case is closed, should I open another case?

@mkretzer: no, I'll provide feedback once I have the information
javichumellamo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Javier Larrea

Post by javichumellamo »

Hello,
We have upgraded this week from V11 to V12 1420 20230412, and after upgrading we are facing a weird behaviour with tape dumps.
We run backup jobs mostly on a daily basis (une full each saturday and incrementals other days) and we dump full backups to tape every tuesday.
We have been working this way for years, but after upgrade to V12, when tape dump is running and a backup job starts for the same backup set, the tape job is cancelled. It's a big issue because tape dump for a job takes more than 24hrs so it's impossible to run tape dump and backup job as scheduled.

The case is # 06033222

Regards
Javier
ASG
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times

Post by ASG »

Sadly I still can't find any information if this is fixed in the CP or not.
bct44
Veeam Software
Liked: 29 times

Post by bct44 » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

we updated from v11a (many private fixes) to last CP V12 recently. I was quite afraid by this topic but i will give some review below:
- Backup to tape jobs are not working after update, everything was ok after migrating to the new backup format. It's not working well neither when if the jobs contains old and new format from many backup jobs source;
- After backup format upgrade, please do a library catalog;
- Enjoy the speed after all actions were done, biggest backup to tape jobs divided the time of to perform full and incr by 3 and performances increased by 2.