v.Eremin wrote:Then, I'm wondering what the media set options are. Is media set automatically created for every backup session? Thanks.
v.Eremin wrote:I believe that It's somehow expected - the first backup job ended up a little bit earlier that the other ones, then, backup to tape job started to copy resulting backup file to tape medias. Once it's finished, the new media set was created for second session which required separate tape, since two media set could not be placed on one media.
In order to avoid this behavior, I'd recommend creating media sets daily at the time when backup jobs have already finished.
I dont understand the logic in this?
d.popov wrote:Hello Dany,
First of all let me ask you - what kind of tape library you are using. Does it have barcode scanner built in?
To summarize you can try to use the following settings, if I am not mistaken and understood your post correctly:
1.Media pool settings – Media Set – Do not create, continue using the current media set
2.Media pool settings – Retention – Never overwrite data
3.Backup to tape job settings – Use the same media pool both for Full backups/incremental backups
4.Backup to tape job settings – DO NOT USE Export current media set once the job finishes
5.Backup to tape job settings – DO NOT USE Eject media once the job finishes
v.Eremin wrote:I dont understand the logic in this?
The root cause of this behavior is the way the settings are specified now.
You’ve selected both options “When new backup files appear” and “Create a new media set for each backup session”. So, let’s see what’s happening in your case:
1) 9 Backup jobs are executed.
2) 1 out of 9 job is finished and the first backup file appears.
3) As per “When new backup files appear” setting, backup to tape job starts to copy the said file to tape.
4) During the copying process, the other 8 files are created in backup repository.
5) Once the copying process is finished, a new backup to tape session begins and a new media set is created as per “Create a new media set for each backup session” option. Since it's not possible to create two different media sets on one tape, the other 8 files are transferred to the second tape media.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest