Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
joshwinters
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Josh Winters

Partial backup detected when running tape job

Post by joshwinters »

Hi all! Thanks for any help/suggestions you can give to me.

I am running a reverse-incremental job that is configured to use secondary destination to tape. When the secondary tape job runs, it throws a warning that "1/21/2016 7:23:55 AM :: Partial backup detected for restore point created on 1/21/2016 7:01:08 AM"

Can someone please provide direction on why this error is being thrown and how I could remediate?

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Partial backup detected when running tape job

Post by veremin »

Is the source backup job pointed to repository that uses "Per-VM backup chain" option? If so, how many VMs are present inside the source backup job? And how many have been copied to tapes during this cycle? Is it ordinary backup to tape job or the one pointed to GFS media pool? Thanks.
joshwinters
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Josh Winters

Post by joshwinters »

v.Eremin wrote:Is the source backup job pointed to repository that uses "Per-VM backup chain" option? If so, how many VMs are present inside the source backup job? And how many have been copied to tapes during this cycle? Is it ordinary backup to tape job or the one pointed to GFS media pool? Thanks.
Yes, the source job is pointed to a scale-out repository that uses "Per-VM backup files". There are 16 VMs present inside the source backup job and 16 VMs have been copied to tapes. It's a tape job that is pointed to a GFS media pool.

Thanks for your help!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

It seems that we've thrown an unneeded warning. Please, open a ticket with our support team and post its number here. Thanks.