Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
JasonTsang
Novice
Liked: never

Some backup files are locked by running jobs, retry is requi

Post by JasonTsang »

Backup job report action show this: Some backup files are locked by running jobs, retry is required.

[Warning] Insert a tape to continue

Job HKVM Backup to Tape requires a tape to be added to media pool HKVM Media Pool (Library: HP MSL G3 Series 9.00). See the corresponding job session in the management console for details.

The problem is the backup job is waiting, how can I fix this issues? Thanks a lot.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Some backup files are locked by running jobs, retry is r

Post by PTide »

Hi,
Backup job report action show this: Some backup files are locked by running jobs, retry is required.
Does the tape job overlap with the backup job? If so then you might need to adjust the schedule of the tape job so that it does not overlap with the source backup job. Also the job asks you to add another tape to the media pool, have you done that?

Thanks
JasonTsang
Novice
Liked: never

Post by JasonTsang »

But today and before the backup can run succeed, I don't know what happened about yesterday issue. How can I trace the issue?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Wait, is it the backup job message, or the tape job message? I don't know all the details about your environment, but today and yesterday one of the jobs might have finished sooner so the jobs did not overlap.

Thank you.