Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
JackT
Enthusiast
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Jack T.

Stuck Tape

Post by JackT »

Hi,
We have a backup job to run everyday at 4:30pm. I noticed that while executing the job, the software stated that it was "waiting for tape", when there was one already in the device.
My concern is that it's getting stuck on a specific day, which means it demands a different tape and the ones that has been put in recently aren't the ones it's asking for.
Can anyone help with this issue please? Would be much appreciated

Jack
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2281 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Stuck Tape

Post by Mildur »

Hi Jack

The Tape in the drive, was it already expired?
If not, Veeam cannot use it and request another tape.

To get an exact answer, please open a support case. Guessing the issue in the forum is difficult.
The Debug Logs can provide the answer about what's happening.

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
JackT
Enthusiast
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Jack T.

Re: Stuck Tape

Post by JackT »

Hi,
Thank you for replying so quickly.
Is wasn't expired no, I know the whole system of B&R automatically picking expired tapes if available and all, which also is kind of a problem, as one expires today.
We have a tape for each day of the week, Monday-Friday. The last successful job was last Thursday, however Friday and Monday failed due to "the tape was de-mounted manually".

I am currently sorting this out with my colleagues etc. however, if there is an external problem going on I can provide more details if necessary.

Thanks
Jack