Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Gladius
Novice
Liked: never

Tandberg Data LTO-§ drive not found

Post by Gladius »

Hello folks,
veeam b&R 9.5 SP2 the tape drive is not present (tape library discovery runs, but did not show the drive)
System: Windows Server 2016
Drive: Tandberg Data LTO-3 Drive vie Adaptec AHA 2940UW PSC SCSI Controller

I tried a diffrent backup solution (Z-DBackup + Z-DATdump) and there the drive is available.

The general question: Is that drive not supported by veeam? The inofficial list did not dislay that drive for now.

The environment is for testing purposes only thats why i had added an old drive (the production environment has LTO-6 drives and veeam working fine with that).

Maybe someone knows how to make that device work.

Thanks in advance
Regards

Gladius
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Tandberg Data LTO-§ drive not found

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Gladius and welcome to the community!
Generally LTO-3 drives are supported, we have a number of customers using Tandberg hardware as well as Adaptec controllers, so I don`t see why it should not work.
I would suggest to contact the support team.
Thanks!
Gladius
Novice
Liked: never

Post by Gladius »

Hello Shestakov,

meanwhile I had replaced the SCSI-attached LTO3 drive by an SAS-LTO6, and that drive is working well.
Main reason was: My VM in test site are at about 1 TB in size, and I not had found a solution to split large vm-backups to write them on tape, and LTO3 has only 400GB native/800GB compressed...

So, this topic can be closed

Thanks for your assistance
Regards

Gladius
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

My VM in test site are at about 1 TB in size, and I not had found a solution to split large vm-backups to write them on tape, and LTO3 has only 400GB native/800GB compressed
You don't need to split such backup, it will be distributed among three tapes automatically, while backup to tape job is running. Thanks.