Hello to all,
we have a problem with one of our customer.
they have a tape library ( 7 slots | 6 Tapes (LTO6) for backup + 1 cleaning tape [has to be in the tape library] ).
Actual we have 2 jobs
1. Backup to Disk (Backup of 15 Hyper-V Servers to a Managementserver)
- Restore Points to keep on disk: 14
- Active full backup on Saturday
- Schedule: every day at 22:00
=> The full backup needs to tapes because it's 3.6 TB and we can store 2.3 TB per tape
2. Backup to Tape (Second target of Job 1)
- Full backup (Sunday)
- Incremental Backup
- Schedule: After Backup to Disk
Please don't ask why, but out customer wants the tape to be exported to the mailslot after the job has finished.
Monday someone will refill the library with new tapes.
At the moment i have no plan, how the backup to tape should be done, so that
a) Monday to thursday only the increments are saved to tape and ejected automaticaly (for ejection of the tape we have a functional script)
b) Friday full-backup to tape without ejecting them, because of the two tapes.
Thanks all for help