Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
JedSnike
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jeremy Ekins

[Feature Request] indication of required tape

Post by JedSnike »

Please please please add some sort of indication of what tape is required for the next backup, currently I have to wade through my tape library to find an appropriate tape, mark it as empty and begin the backup...life would be so much easier if Veeam would say Insert tape xx from the GFS media set xx

This morning I sat and fed 20+ tapes in - some expired, some empty, none were accepted until I had opened a new tape and inserted it - I realise part of this issue is operator training, however you don't really need to over complicate the process - just inform via a popup or on the column between "Job Name" "Session Type", "Status" or "Start time".... just add another called "Next Tape"

To be honest, this is the first backup software ive used that doesn't offer this feature - please add it, it would make my life so much easier...

Further details can be found on my case number 03174336

thanks for listening
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: [Feature Request] indication of required tape

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Jeremy.

When new tape media is required to continue the tape job you can either insert a brand new tape media or use of of the expired ones. To track and identify expired taped media I suggest looking at VeeamOne Tape Media Retention Period. It provides a good overview of tape media expiration dates. Cheers!