We've been testing WORM tapes and the results are good so far - as backup/restore oprations work fine, so I wonder what did problem you find during your testing. Thank you.
Currently, we verified:
1. First Backup to Tape/File to Tape job run for WORM tape media works with no problems
2. Second backup to WORM tape media job run would end with success in GUI, however nothing would be added to tape (errors could be found in job logs) - this confirmed to be an issue
3. Restore from WORM tape media that was previously written by VBR works with no problems
4. “Mark As Free” works on WORM tape in VBR (media would be removed from VBR catalogue however nothing would be erased)
5. “Long Erase” would generate an error in GUI.
6. “Move to Free Media Pool” works on started WORM tape media
Thus, today Veeam B&R can only be used with WORM tape media in the following way:
A. Create specific media pool for WORM tapes with “Never Overwrite” retention and “create media set per backup session” option.
B. Combine files or backups in one Backup to Tape/File to Tape job to fix maximum WORM tape space.
C. Do not perform mark as free/run long erase or move WORM tapes to free media pool it would free media pool as it may produce impact on your original tape jobs.