Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
paps40
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Peter Pappas

Acronis EndPoint Backup vs Veeam Agent for Windows

Post by paps40 » 3 people like this post

I switched off the Acronis endpoint backup software once Veeam Agent for windows was out of beta and live for a few months. We run Veeam B&R for our VMware environment so this only made sense.

I am very happy with this software. It has met and exceeded my expectations. We protect mission critical endpoints that control high end machinery and it has saved us on more than one occasion. The acronis software was complicated, hard to use, backups and restores were glitchy, and I was always on the phone with support for assistance. Veeam agent for windows just works once it is setup and configured according to best practices.

Anyways, I wanted to poke fun at acronis. See email below. How could they think this was a good idea?

Code: Select all

Dear Oleg,
One simple answer.  Veeam Agent For Windows.

Peter

Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 11:19 PM
To: Peter D. Pappas 
Subject: From Acronis CTO: One short question - not using?

Dear Peter,

I’m very passionate about Acronis products and Acronis customers and I’d like to hear about your experience. 
I’ve noticed that our records show that you’re not using Acronis Backup.
May ask you just one simple question: what is the reason you’re not using it?

Thank you and I very appreciate your feedback.

Best regards,
Oleg Melnikov | CTO
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Acronis EndPoint Backup vs Veeam Agent for Windows

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Thank you for your kind words and support. We're only just starting, it's a fairly new product which we have big plans for! So, I am very happy to hear that you already prefer it over established solutions which have been around forever!
doktornotor
Enthusiast
Liked: 29 times

Re: Acronis EndPoint Backup vs Veeam Agent for Windows

Post by doktornotor » 1 person likes this post

Have they ever fixed their software design which basically perpetually ruined your OS? Does not seem so.