Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ds2
Enthusiast
Liked: 19 times
Full Name: Rene Keller

After a Baremetalrestore of a workstation BCJ-Error

Post by ds2 »

Hello,

after a Baremetalrestore of a workstation to different hardware I have a issue with BackupCopyJobs for Agents. For the Backups I use VAW (2.0.0.700) to resporitorie (VBR 9.5 Update2).

Two workstations are identified as one. The issue ist for existing jobs. I have tried to create a new one with the samme issue.

If I selecte to add by Backups i can see both workstations. After selection them there is only one in the list.

If I try it with add by jobs then the list is okay, but if I start the BCJ, then I see by building vm only one workstation.

I have tried by renaming the workstation, delte all Backups of the workstations in VBR, delete Agentjobs in VBR, Rescan Repositories in VBR, Restart VBR-Host and recreating the databases for the agents. But still the same.

Case-ID: 02169676

Greetings DS2
ds2
Enthusiast

Re: After a Baremetalrestore of a workstation BCJ-Error

Post by ds2 »

Hello,

here are some additional infos.

After a look in our inventory I think I have the key for the issue.

We had two PCs, let me say PC A and PC B.

PC A have not enough RAM for one application so we have a new one (PC C). The Backup from PC A was restored to PC C and PC A goes to our hardwarepool.

Then PC B crashed completly an so we took PC A from our pool an restored the Backup of PC B to the formerly PC A.

Right now I get the issue with the new PC C (restored Backup A) and the PC A (restored Backup B).

Does VBR matches the backups not by the name? Is there a match by hardware? If so, how could we correct these informations to get BCJs running correct again?

Greetings ds2
ds2
Enthusiast

Post by ds2 » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

the issue wasn't by veeam.

It seems that ASRock has the samme UUID in Bios/Uefi for all mainboards. I was able to mod the UEFI with AMIEDIT.EXE an everything works fine again. But what about flashing a newer UEFI-Version? Better to ceep the edited uuid.

The Supporticket by ASRock is still open. I will report if I have an answer.

If any one else have a problem liek this, please check the uuid with the command "wmic path win32_computersystemproduct get uuid" in comandline with admin-rights.

Greetings ds2
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Rene,

Sorry for the delay – was traveling. I am glad to see that your issue is resolved and thank you for sharing the explanation with the community.
ds2
Enthusiast

Post by ds2 »

Hello Dima,

I have now received a response from ASRock.

They sent me modified BiOS versions where the uuid is calculated based on the MAC of the onboard nic. However they are not willing to incorporate this into future BIOS-versions. For each new BIOS version, the moded versions have to be requested manually. Will mean that all boards will still have the same UUID in future. For this reason I will certainly not buy any new ASRock motherboards anymore.

Additional info. If you use the moded BIOS-Versions ord amiedit, then a new activation of Windows is needed.

Greetings ds2