Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
tehinternet
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mike

Agent's Next Run date not getting updated in B&R console

Post by tehinternet »

Hello,

I'm using the free windows agent/no license in conjunction with licensed Backup & Replication 10. The agent is current version -- installed last week. I have about eight Windows agents deployed in the exact same way. They write their backups to the B&R repository. But, only one of them doesn't update the next run date.

I have my backups run once a day. I am seeing this daily:

-Previous day's backups ran and they all show the 'next run date' in B&R as the same time tomorrow....all except for this one agent job it still shows the day for which backups just ran for even though it ran successfully.
-I RDP into the machine with the weird agent, edit the job, change nothing, but apply the changes.
-Then back in the B&R console the job is updated in a few seconds to show the proper next run date like the rest of the agents.

I haven't had the courage to just let it run and see if it triggers anyway to test, but in the one day where I didn't check everything, it did not run.

It seems I need to poke the agent each day for it to work. I've confirmed it's not the common culprits: the 'Disable scheduled backups' in the agent settings is NOT checked. The scheduling in the job is correct for running once a day. There are no weird network issues preventing communication to/from agent and repository. I have two of the exact same hardware/OS/software on two other hosts with the same agent any they're working fine.

What might I be missing here?
Thanks.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Agent's Next Run date not getting updated in B&R console

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the detailed explanation of your problem. The described behavior does not look expected, so please raise a support case and share the case ID. Cheers!