Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
pber
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Patrick Bernardin

v11 Backup Copy no longer working for Agent backups

Post by pber »

I recently upgraded to v11 from v10 and all my backup copy jobs broke copying backups between my StoreOnce appliances. Anyone else have this issue?

I have 14 jobs (4 Windows Agent Backups and 10 VMware backups) that backup fine to the StoreOnce, but the backup copy job no longer picked up "as new restore points appear" to copy the backup to my other StoreOnce appliance. After much frustration and not much luck with support, I was able to partially fix things myself by just giving up and restart from scratch.

I deleted the backup copy job, removed the StoreOnce repos from Veeam, I created new Catalyst stores on the StoreOnces, then created new repos in Veeam pointing to the new ones. I then created a new backup copy job between the new StoreOnce repos. Once that was all rebuilt, I created new VMware backup jobs and Windows Agent jobs. The VMware backup jobs are picked up by the Backup copy job as expected, the Veeam Agent jobs are not. This had been working perfectly for a year on v10, but no joy in v11.

Any thoughts?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: v11 Backup Copy no longer working for Agent backups

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
That sounds like a technical issue. Please provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic.

Without case number, the topic will eventually be
deleted by moderators

Best regards,
Hannes

PS: support can only help if you upload logs https://www.veeam.com/kb1832
pber
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Patrick Bernardin

Post by pber »

The case number is/was: 04665147.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for the case ID, shared it with RnD folks. Cheers!