Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Xeronimo74
Novice
Liked: never

backup target not available!?

Post by Xeronimo74 »

Hi,

Some of my Endpoint installations have suddenly started to throw 'backup target not available' errors although the backup target is definitely there and accessible. Sometimes it helps to simply edit the job and click next, next, next and then, for some weird reason it works. Sometimes this doesn't help though. Sometimes it helps to enter the (same!) password of the backup user again, sometimes not.

It also seems to be the case mostly on recent Veeam Endpoint installations.

The backup target is a QNAP NAS. On one machine it kept failing with the above error. So I deleted the job and created a new one (on a Synology NAS). That seems to work, for now ...

Any ideas as to what could be going on here?

Thanks!

Jerome
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: backup target not available!?

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Xeronimo!
Hard to say, and its best to troubleshoot with support.
Might be an account lock \ concurrent authentication limits for same user on your NAS or something like that.
Feel free to open a case!

Thanks!
jupsoleil
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jürgen Depicker

Post by jupsoleil »

I face the same problem, and registered a case.
When I run the job, on some PCs, I always get: "Error: Backup target is not available".
Exactly the same configuration does work on some other PCs. All are on windows 10 Pro v1909. Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 3.0.2.1170
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

While this may not be the root cause of your issue, I just wanted to note that Windows 10 v1909 is not officially supported by Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 3.0.2.1170 yet, since the latter was released before 1909 even existed. Thanks!