Bare Metal Restore for server with RAID

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Bare Metal Restore for server with RAID

Veeam Logoby cffit » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:23 pm

I'm going to use VEEAM Endpoint Backup to backup our physical VEEAM server. This server has a hardware RAID mirror. I assume I would need these drivers on the VEEAM Recovery Media. I know when I create the recovery media there is a spot where I can include other drivers. I'm not sure if that means for Windows once the OS boots up, or if that's where I'd put the hardware RAID drivers. Where do I include hardware RAID drivers at?
cffit
Expert

Liked: 33 times
Full Name: Christensen Farms

Re: Bare Metal Restore for server with RAID

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:06 pm

I'm not sure if that means for Windows once the OS boots up, or if that's where I'd put the hardware RAID drivers. Where do I include hardware RAID drivers at?

First step is to include the drivers to the Recovery Media via Recovery Media Creation wizard. Second step is to install this drivers after Recovery Environment boots up: go to Tools > Drivers and hit Install link near the corresponding device, by the way if you forgot to include the drive while creating the media you can load in here too.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 440 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows