Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
majones
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Martin Jones

BMR on HP N40L server .. “insufficient system resources"

Post by majones »

When replacing a non-system disk on my HP N40L server (4-disk), I thought I’d restore to the new disk using bare metal restore and was really surprised (and alarmed) when the process failed with the warning “running low on memory” then “restore failed: insufficient system resources”. I raised a ticket (#02202119) and we tried numerous permutations, but eventually we concluded that there must be something about the AMD Turion II architecture that prevents the restore occurring. That’s not very satisfactory, but I thought I’d flag it in case it saves others the problems I had.

The restore did work under other conditions as follows: OK if done on the N40L within the operating system (ie not bare metal) from a backup of the full server, but obviously not viable if the restore is the system disk; OK as a bare metal restore done on the N40L if the original backup was of only the disk to be swapped (as opposed to the full server); OK as a bare metal restore from a backup of the full server if done on another machine (confirmed with a spare DELL 546), but obviously involving hassle.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: BMR on HP N40L server .. “insufficient system resources"

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Martin,

Thanks for sharing your issue with the community. Regarding your case - we'll review it with the team.