Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
VAXman65
Influencer
Liked: 7 times

Can I choose which day normally does the full?

Post by VAXman65 »

In my home network, I schedule backups so that the full backup for one system is the only full going on that day. This way, I can avoid having contention at the common target drive being accessed across the network. I appreciate that Veeam does its best to automatically insert fulls when needed, in the case of missed runs, but I would like to know that I will get back on track and have system xyz also run the next full on say Thursday, no matter what.

In a house with multiple systems, I see the potential for their fulls days to drift over time and for me to end up with significant contention. Perhaps I could go from machine to machine and force fulls to establish a new rhythm, but this would be a pain. I'd rather just know that the product would do the right thing.

Cheers
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Can I choose which day normally does the full?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi,

Veeam Endpoint is using forever incremental backup mode, and currently there is no way to trigger periodic active full backups. Once you have one full backup, all the rest will be incremental runs.

Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Can I choose which day normally does the full?

Post by Dima P. »

VAXman65,

You can launch a standalone full backup (right click tray icon > backup > standalone full backup) any time you need an independent full backup. It will remain untouched by retention unless you delete it manually from the repository.