Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
avdohe
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Axel von der Ohe

Case: 04203684 - Veeam Agent for Windows 4.x and dynamic drives

Post by avdohe »

hello community,

I saw some articles but found no solution to my problem. I have a hyper-v 2012 R2 VM with a drive D: which consists of three dynamic drives (together spans to 500GB).
I tried to backup the whole volume D:, which shows up in windows as a single drive to a windows share, which works perfectly.
when I try to restore the entire volume to a basic drive on a different VM, it shows 3 x 500GB partitions, which it tries to restore to the single empty but GPT partioned 600GB drive, I defined for restore. this doesn't work, also the manual funktion doesn't work. when I try a file restore to that partition I get

--- german error ---
Ungültige Win32-FileTime
Parametername: fileTime
--- german error ---

is there any way to pass this problem so I can restore the dynamic spanned disk to one basic disk? :?
we also use Veeam Backup & Recovery 9.5 SP4 - can I use this to get this job done? :?:

thank you, axel.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Case: 04203684 - Veeam Agent for Windows 4.x and dynamic drives

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Axel,

Please keep working with support team as the described behavior does not look expected: restore of dynamic disk to a simple volume should work without any issues. Cheers!