Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
anaizo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Logan Ortiz

Veeam Bare Metal Recovery Failed Inaccessible Device

Post by anaizo »

Case #04548135 - I recently tried to restore my Veeam Backup for my computer since it crashed on Friday when I got home stating inaccessible boot device. I attempted to restore my computer numerous times using the Veeam Bare Metal Recovery 4 times. Using several different restore points and lastly using a new hard drive. Every time that I had booted my computer after completing the restore process my computer still goes into bsod inaccessible boot device. I have done this process before from an old machine to a new machine and never ran into any errors but never on the same machine. I have searched through the forums specifically this article - https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix- ... sible-boot which Veeam support had suggested another member but this did not work for me. If there is any other suggestions or help I would gladly appreciate it. Thank you!.
alea_acp
Novice
Full Name: SANDRO T.

Re: Veeam Bare Metal Recovery Failed Inaccessible Device

Post by alea_acp »

Same problem, happens only with Windows 10 10H2, with version 2004 looks working correctly...
I think i'ts a compatibility issue with the driver injection process. Disk controller is recovered IDE (I changed in the machine the bios setting from AHCI to IDE!) and machine did start...let's hope in a fix ASAP
Sandro T.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

Most likely you're likely using the Veeam Agent version that does not support Windows 10 20H2 yet.
anaizo
Novice

Post by anaizo »

info@acomputer.it wrote: Dec 18, 2020 2:06 pm Same problem, happens only with Windows 10 10H2, with version 2004 looks working correctly...
I think i'ts a compatibility issue with the driver injection process. Disk controller is recovered IDE (I changed in the machine the bios setting from AHCI to IDE!) and machine did start...let's hope in a fix ASAP
Yes, that's correct I am running version 2004. I think it is a compatibility issue too and I tried to change the bios setting from AHCI to IDE and still got the same inacessible boot device error. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep you guys posted if I figure out a solution.
anaizo
Novice

Post by anaizo »

Gostev wrote: Dec 18, 2020 2:32 pm Most likely you're using the Veeam Agent version that does not support Windows 10 20H2 yet.
I had the latest version version at the time I believe and supported Windows 10 version 2004. But it looks like it did convert my backup to be incompatible with my system. This seems to be what had happened to my system - https://www.veeam.com/kb3156
alea_acp
Novice
Full Name: SANDRO T.

Post by alea_acp »

Gostev wrote: Dec 18, 2020 2:32 pm Most likely you're using the Veeam Agent version that does not support Windows 10 20H2 yet.
Latest version 4.0.1...there is no newer...let's hope in a fresh version soon
Sandro T.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

Actually there is a newer version of Veeam Agent for Windows with Windows 10 20H2 support, but it is a part of the latest Veeam Backup & Replication 10a patch > KB4050. There's indeed no standalone version with the same yet. I believe I saw the topic around here about how to extract this newer agent version from the patched Veeam Backup & Replication 10a installation, but I could not locate it quickly...