Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
FrancWest
Veteran
Liked: 93 times
Full Name: Franc

CBT installation fails.

Post by FrancWest »

Hi,

Case #06177255. After the upgrade from Veeam V11 to Veeam V12, the agent backup of the Veeam server itself fails with the following error:

Task failed. Error: Connection problems.

Uninstalling the agent and reinstalling it, fails on the installation the CBT driver. The error reported isL

Failed [vbr] Failed to install Veeam CBT Driver: Connection problems. I’m installing it from the console on the Veeam server itself.

A rescan gives:

Failed Failed to send certificate, but certificate is required for remote agent management Error: Failed to establish connection: no valid IP addresses were found.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: CBT installation fails.

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
as I don't find a question in the thread, I would make the suggestion to continue with support. It's not a well known issue and guessing on that type of problem on a forum makes little sense.

Best regards,
Hannes
FrancWest
Veteran
Liked: 93 times
Full Name: Franc

Post by FrancWest »

Sorry, I understand, but we found the issue. We had to add the server by IP instead of the FQDN even though the FQDN resolves fine to the correct IP. After doing that, the driver installed fine and the job also runs fine. According to support this has something to do with Kerberos vs NTLM authentication which changed in the latest agent included in V12. When using an IP is uses NTLM, while when using a FQDN it uses Kerberos. The Veeam server is not joined to a domain, so it's still a bit strange why it wants to use Kerberos.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

hmm thanks, I agree, that makes no sense. Let me check that.