Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
slewis1972
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott Lewis

Changing the target

Post by slewis1972 »

Hi

Been testing Veeam Endpoint on a few systems, linked in with server version of Endpoint Protection. I want to move the backups from test location to a new one. I was hence wondering, instead of having to do it on each system, is there a way on the Veeam Backup & |Replication server, on the Endpoint Backup instance of each systems I am backing up, change the target. Dont see a easy way to do it unless I ma missing something.

Thanks in advance.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Changing the target

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Scott,

There is no way to change location for all Endpoints at the same time, this is going to be possible via integration with LabTech. On the other hand, you can just move your backup repository to another location, but keep its name in-tact, this should do the trick.

Thanks!
futureweb
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Patrick

Re: Changing the target

Post by futureweb »

this is an old thread but I wanted to know if this is still true?

We want to switch the Repository on B&R 11 from one to another server, without the need to change all engpoint settings. (they are used in the free mode).
I doubt, using the same name would work. I tried to rename it, and it still worked. I believe, it will match with ID not Repository Name.

So any other solutions, or we really just have to go with reconfiguring each separatly to the new repository?

Thanks
Patrick