1. If we perform a backup of a) a domain controller server, b) an Exchange server, c) a SQL server with VAW free: Is it possible to recover the machine in a way that all data that was present at the time of backup can be recovered (completeness) and that the recovered machine's services will be consistent, esp. as regards the Active directory, the Exchange databases and SQL databases (consistency)?
2. As regards VAW free you mention that it does not offer transaction log backup and transaction log truncation: Is it nonetheless possible to make a backup of Exchange and SQL databases with VAW free out of which one can create a fully-operational recovery?
3. We guess that VAW free uses VSS for performing backups. Can we consider a VAW free backup to be at least as consistent as a backup that has been performed using Microsoft's built-in Windows server backup feature?
4. "forever incremental backup": how does the backup in VAW free work if not forever incremental?
5. Is it possible to restore items of a VAW free backup directly to the source location? Is it necessary to use B&R for this?
6. Is it possible to restore single mail items from an Exchange server backup that has been made with VAW free? Is it necessary to use VAW free together with B&R for this? If yes, does the B&R free edition suffice?
7. Is it possible to restore single mail items from an Exchange server backup that has been made with VAW server? Is it necessary to use VAW server together with B&R for this? If yes, does the B&R free edition suffice?
8. "application item recovery": this feature is only partially supported in VAW free: which parts are missing?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest