Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ralfaro01zero
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ricardo Alfaro

DR for physical servers on AWS or Azure

Post by ralfaro01zero »

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a DR for physical servers to AWS or Azure, I've looked into Double-Take Availability and it's functionality fits the requirements, but it is very, very pricey; I found about Veeam looking for an alternative and wanted to know if it has a similar functionality, that is basically being able to failover physical servers to AWS or Azure.

Thanks a lot for your help. :D
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: DR for physical servers on AWS or Azure

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Ricardo,

If you are looking to replicate your physical servers to AWS or Azure, then that is something we don't have.

Veeam Agent for Windows (VAW) can protect your physical servers (Backup) and store it either in a local repository or to one of our cloud providers (https://www.veeam.com/find-a-veeam-cloud-provider.html)

How that works can be read here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=20

We also have the possibility to restore those backups directly to Microsoft Azure

Hope it helps
Mike
PhungMinh
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ha Minh Phung

Post by PhungMinh »

May I ask you guys that we have any clues this feature would appear in the future?

I have a customer who will become VCSP asked about this, they asked me if Veeam considers to develop "DR Physical to Cloud" feature for incoming versions.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi,

No plans at this moment for this future.

Brgds,
Mike