Email Notification Setup

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Email Notification Setup

Veeam Logoby jconk711 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:44 pm

We just received our beta and have configured a test job. In going through the settings we want to setup email notifications to a central mailbox for monitoring that can be used by different mail servers for our different clients. In setting this up we have discovered that there is no way to specify a to/from address. It appears that whatever is specified in the "Email Settings" fields is what is used both for the from and to address.

Being that we have multiple clients that we may want to utilize this for backup monitoring we would like to be able to specify a specific from address to be able to know which agent it is referring to rather than relying on parsing the subject line and having a separate to address to monitor this from our centralized backup monitoring mailbox. Is there a way to do this that we are overlooking or is this planned to be implement like with the notification for Veeam B&R?

Thanks!
jconk711
Service Provider

Liked: never
Full Name: Jesse

Re: Email Notification Setup

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:31 pm

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the feedback. We do not have this option is UI but it’s possible to configure different from / to addresses via API.

1. Open cmd
2. cd C:\Program Files\Veeam\EndPoint Backup
3. Run Veeam.Agent.Configurator.exe -export
4. Go to C:\ProgramData\Veeam\EndPoint\!Configuration
5. Find the Config.xml and open it (notepad works)
6. Edit this part:

Code: Select all
<NotificationSettings Enabled="True">
<Header To="myfist@email.com" From="mysecond@email.com" Subject="[%JobResult%] %ComputerName% - %CompletionTime%"/>
<Conditions Failure="True" Warning="True" Success="True"/>
<Smtp SecureConnection="True" Port="25" Server="smtp.mail.com"/>
</NotificationSettings>

7. Import config back via Veeam.Agent.Configurator.exe -import
8. Good to go, but dont change the values via UI
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 477 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby jconk711 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:48 pm

Dima,

Thanks for the response. I was able to modify the from section to put in the address I would like it to show from and after restarting the Veeam Agent service I am assuming it worked as now when i go to modify any of the SMTP options in the GUI I get an error access is denied. Just curious if you guys plan on implementing these fields in the GUI down the road?

Thanks,
Jesse
jconk711
Service Provider

Liked: never
Full Name: Jesse

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:34 pm

Hi Jesse,

Once setting was changed via API its not recommended to change it via UI. We’ll check the error you shared, thanks.

Just curious if you guys plan on implementing these fields in the GUI down the road?

Maybe later, but not in upcoming VAW 2.0 release.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 477 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows