Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
pavelh
Lurker
Liked: never

Encrypt backup

Post by pavelh »

Hello,
I've installed Veeam Agent for Windows Free Edition on Windows SBS 2011 Essentials. The backup destination is a shared folder on Synology NAS. The Synology NAS account is used to access the destination and the backup is encrypted. After a month of backup, the agent wants the password to be decrypted.

This backup is encrypted. Please type in the password to continue the existing backup chain. If you dont remember the password, click Start New to create the new full backup.

I enter the correct encrypt password.

If I want to open a backup from a shared folder, a message will be displayed:

Veeam Agent for Windows is unable to open backup files created by Veeam Backup & Replication.

Why this happen?

Kind regards,
Paul
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Encrypt backup

Post by wishr »

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Veeam community forums and thank you for the question.

Please note, that according to Veeam forum rules, you should include support case ID when posting about any technical issue, as requested when you click the "New topic" button.

Please post your support case ID once you get one in the original post in this thread. We'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks,
Fedor
pavelh
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by pavelh »

Support case number is 03241957
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Any chance you used CIFS added as Veeam B&R repository and then you switched target from Veeam repository to CIFS folder in Veeam Agent for Windows settings? Thanks!