Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
humannate
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Nate Cartwright

EPB 1.5.0.306 1.5GB+ Memory leak

Post by humannate »

I'm seeing extremely high memory usage on the most recent version of EPB on Windows 7, and it looks like there may be a memory leak, as it is steadily climbing.

Veeam.Endpoint.Service.exe is private working set of 400Mb, and a commit size of 480Mb.
Veeam.Endpoint.Tray.exe has a private working set of 815Mb, and a commit size of 1090Mb. It's adding about 5Kb about every 30 seconds consistently over the last 30 minutes. The GUI is closed (in the systray), and this system was rebooted last week.

When the service and process are killed and restarted, they go back down to 90Mb, but start back up adding memory to working set and commit size at a faster rate, of about 5Kb every 5 seconds.

LocalDB sqlsrvr.exe is steady at 100Mb private working set, 400Mb commit size.

I tried to launch a SQL Profiler Trace, but it just hangs logging into the DB (though I have successfully run a trace before on EPB on this box).

I tried to create a support ticket within EPB but even after verifying my email it still rejected it.

Anybody else run into this? It's just a simple daily volume level backup with email alerts setup. This box is never shut down, and backups have been completing successfully.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: EPB 1.5.0.306 1.5GB+ Memory leak

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Nate,

Can you please tell us when you tried opening the case? Is your request still rejected? Sometimes it takes a bit more time than usual to sync up your information with our support tracking system after email verification.

Thanks!