Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Wad4iPod
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Error: Transmission pipeline hanged, aborting process.

Post by Wad4iPod »

Case #05409710

Error: Transmission pipeline hanged, aborting process.
Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19044)
Veeam Agent for Windows Version 5.0.0.4301
Greetings,
We have one of eight Dell computers that fail to complete a full image backup. It will complete a volume of C: backup.
Near as I can tell the only difference in configuration on this particular pc in the hard drive partition includes an EFI. The partitions are such - EFI (System Partition), OS NTFS, Recovery Partition, Recovery Partition.
The failure seems to occur between after the EFI partition and at the start of the OS C:\ begins.
The failure occurs when the backup target is a NAS or local PC attached storage.

I have noted a few other posts with this error. The solutions were to log a support case. Does anyone have a resolution to this issue based on a support case or self-resolve?

There is a new Veeam for Windows Agent available (5.0.3). We have yet to install this and test to see if it will resolve this issue.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Error: Transmission pipeline hanged, aborting process.

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

Thanks for pasting your support case ID but I believe you should wait for the conclusion from your support engineer as the error is quite generic and just says that data flow has ceased. This error can have different root causes and a solution from another case could be useless in your case, anyway the precise examination of debug logs is needed.

Thanks!