Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ejlerner
Lurker
Liked: never

Failed uninstall Case # 03838270

Post by ejlerner »

Case # 03838270

On Win 10 Pro v1909, I get a persistent error message when attempting to uninstall latest Veeam Agent for Windows via the Control Panel Apps and Features applet, stating "Local Administrator account required". I rebooted into the local admin account, but continue to receive that message.

Is there a way to cleanly manually uninstall, or an uninstall tool? Or a workaround for this Admin privilege issue?

Thanks in advance.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Failed uninstall Case # 03838270

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

In general, uninstall works with local admin. I just did that a few days ago for troubleshooting - no problem. There is no additional uninstall tool because the normal "click uninstall" is the way to go.

As far as I see, the case does not contain logfiles. So nobody will be able to help. The easiest way to get the logfiles is stopping the Veeam Agent for windows service and zip C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Endpoint

Just as a test: can you install / uninstall any other software with the account you are using?

Best regards,
Hannes