Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
harrym
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Harry Manesiotis

Feature consideration free space warning issue

Post by harrym » 1 person likes this post

Greetings!

Please excuse me if this has been covered before. If so, please point me to the thread.

On some machines with a separate recovery partition such as some HP machines, the partition was designed to only hold certain files and was tailor-made, so to speak from the manufacturer. For example on some HP machines the HP_RECOVERY partition is 1.5GB and is almost full. When backing it up with VEEAM Endpoint backup, even though it is successful, it provides a warning that the HP_RECOVERY partition is running low on space.

Even if the backup is successful on all volumes, the job finishes with warnings. Having a notification that a partition is low on space is nice, but would it be possible to separate the free space warning for a partition and not having it affect the overall backup status? Technically the backup was successful. I have configured an e-mail script to notify of the backup status and receiving a warning versus success is a false alarm.

An option to ignore free space warnings would be nice, or having them as some misc notes that do not affect the backup overall status would work as well. You could even have a status of Success-Review Notes or something else to differentiate.
ftcnet
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Bernard Klatt

Re: Feature consideration free space warning issue

Post by ftcnet »

Yes, this is also an issue on some Lenovo systems where the recovery partition is 98% full. It adds complexity when trying to explain to the end-user how to check for a successful backup. Perhaps a backup config option where we can select which drive letters should report 'drive nearly full' warnings?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature consideration free space warning issue

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Harry & Bernard,

I am going to leave it up to the forum moderators to merge this into the existing topic. It indeed is already covered and I believe we are looking into it for further version although I can't guarantee this 100% certain.

Thanks

Mike