Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ben.nakagawa
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Ben Nakagawa

Feature Request: Ability to canavcel shutting down

Post by ben.nakagawa »

Hi

II have scheduled the backup at evening on weekly basis.
I usually keep it power on the day I schedule the backup and let shut it down after it's done.
So can go to bed and not need to power it on overnight.

I also set the event that after "logging off" for preventing to start the backup .

Instead of preventing to start the scheduled backup, I would like backup to start at time when if I'm still using PC.
When it comes to end, I would like the process to countdowns the showdown event for few min and give me a option to cancel shutting down but continue to use.

I think other backup system I used before does this so process can be run happily at back-end.

Ben

PS Also it's great if I can choose whcih day of the week it will run. Currently, I can only set it in interval, and only based on last day it was run.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request: Ability to canavcel shutting down

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Ben,

I am not sure I got your scenario. Right now if you schedule the daily backup you can set the post job activity (i.e. sleep/hibernate or shutdown) and when the job succeeds you should see the timer prompt.