Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
rburn99
Lurker
Liked: 1 time

Feature Request: Concurrent backups

Post by rburn99 » 1 person likes this post

I was told B&R10 will have a more integrated role with Agent... pushing installs and configuring jobs from within B&R. With that level of connection it might be possible to start and stop jobs from B&R also. And with THAT functionality we could have concurrent backups with Agents. Currently to avoid having multiple clients attempting to backup to the storage at the same time which could easily overwhelm it, we have to take a best guess at how long full backup jobs will take and then add a little padding. Then we keep a list of which machine backs up at which time.
As well as an administrative headache to keep track of this and modify as computers get re-provisioned or added, there is some wasted time because of the padding in this already tight backup window.

And that is why I would like to request concurrent backups :D
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request: Concurrent backups

Post by Dima P. »

Hi rburn99,

Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your idea. While it’s too early to discuss the agent management feature, I can say that we keep this functionality in mind. Thanks!