Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
fels@hosysteme.de
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Sebastian

Feature Request: multiple Veeam B&R repositories via CMD

Post by fels@hosysteme.de »

Today I tried to make a backup to a different location with veeam endpoint 1.5. The simplified interface from veeam endpoint has not such an option. After a few minutes of searching through the web I found the option to use the commandline(https://helpcenter.veeam.com/endpoint/1 ... p_cmd.html). My problem with the commandline ist that I can't adress a 2nd repository. I only can specify a folder or a networkshare. To use a networkshare is not an option because it's not possible to use different credentials and I think(not tested) it's not visible in the veeam backup and replication userinterface.

I would like to use a 2nd(or any other) repository in the veeam endpoint commandline to store backups apart from the default veeam endpoint repository used in the scheduled task.

theoretical example: "C:\Program Files\Veeam\Endpoint Backup\Veeam.EndPoint.Manager.exe" /standalone <Repository:RepositoryName>
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request: multiple Veeam B&R repositories via CMD

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Sebastian,

Indeed, existing CMD ‘standalone full backup to another location’ command allows you to store a full backup to local folder or shared folder only. Counted as a feature request, thanks!