Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
shilpin21
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Shilpin

Feature Request: Option to choose individual File to backup

Post by shilpin21 »

We are working towards replacing legacy backup solution to backup user Desktop/Laptop's. We are currently using Veeam B&R 9.5 to backup for our fleet of Virtual and Physical servers and Its working great. We are interested in Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows to backup user Workstations. I tested Veeam Agent and it worked fine but during backup job configuration even if i choose File level backup as backup mode, It will not allow me to choose individual files from a folder. I was hoping to get answers on some questions I have as below:

1. Veeam Agent doesnt allow to choose individual files to backup, is there a way around this or will this feature will be availabale in future releases?
2. include/exclude mask feature work per job basis, Is there a way to configure it per folder basis?

We have a requirement where we need to backup only certain files from a folder to keep backup size minimum and This is what currently holding us to move ahead with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows for user Workstations.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request: Option to choose individual File to bac

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the community Shilpin.
Veeam Agent doesnt allow to choose individual files to backup, is there a way around this or will this feature will be availabale in future releases?
You can add desired folder and add the include mask with the desired file name i.e. add Folder1 to file level backup and MyFile.doc to inclusion list. With such config only MyFile.doc will be included in the backup.
include/exclude mask feature work per job basis, Is there a way to configure it per folder basis?
Unfortunately, this is not possible. You can set inclusions or exclusions per job via file level backup mode.