Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 172 times
Full Name: Michael

feature request - quick rollback

Post by mcz » 1 person likes this post

Hi veeam-guys,

we use VAW for physical endpoints and sometimes you have configuration issues which are due to updates or whatever. So you know that you have a existing configuration within your last backup but if you do a bare metal restore, it will need some time. From B&R I think we all know the feature "quick rollback" which uses CBT and veeam metadata to just restore the changed blocks since the choosen restore point.

I think VAW also has metadata about the blocks (but this time the physical and not the blocks provided by the hypervisor), it would only have to check the whole MFT before it will be able to restore the deltas. I think it would be a great feature - what do others think about it?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: feature request - quick rollback

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Michael,

Good request, thank you. I'll discuss it with the team for sure.
DeadEyedJacks
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Dead-Data

Veeam Agent - Quick Rollback

Post by DeadEyedJacks »

Question:
Does the latest Veeam Agent for Windows servers now use some form of CBT to do quick rollbacks when performing volume-level restores?
TIA
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Hi DeadEyedJacks,

No, in current version Veeam Agent for Windows does not support CBT-based restores. Added your vote to this feature request. Cheers!
backupquestions
Expert
Liked: 21 times
Full Name: Alabaster McJenkins

Post by backupquestions »

Is this something that is being looked at any time soon? I feel like this would be a huge feature as we still have a few physical servers left and it would take a very long time to restore them if we needed to. Since the agent appears to use CBT tech I would think it can be done. Though I understand it is not vmware's cbt so you guys probably have to build the way to make it happen and maybe don't want to invest into physical servers for this etc..
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Alabaster,

Thank you for your feedback! This feature is in the list of potential improvements, but it's not planned for the upcoming major release. Cheers!