Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
hoFFy
Service Provider
Liked: 40 times
Full Name: Sebastian Hoffmann

Feature Request - "smaller" integration in B&R

Post by hoFFy »

A smaller grade of integration (instead of full integration as requested in other threads) into B&R would be nice!
What about managing the Endpoint installations in the network via the Enterprise Manager, or via B&R GUI. Start / Stop manual backups, possibility to check if last backups have been successfull (integration into history), maybe in a much later release the possibility of remote installation on a desktop...

I understand that your intention is to release a very tiny backup tool for IT Pros (as stated in another thread), but those pros will keep aksing for features like this! Veeam B&R is too great to just release this tool in its really fine but tiny way :wink:

For the beginning of an integration just minimal features would be nice, like reporting into the history tab of B&R Gui or Enterprise Manager, an overlook of the Backup Repository for my endpoint devices and the space they use and the possibility to centralize the storage of the recovery iso at one place to minimize the administration overhead of keeping all ISO's or USB-Sticks at special places...
VMCE 7 / 8 / 9, VCP-DC 5 / 5.5 / 6, MCITP:SA
Blog: machinewithoutbrain.de
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6691 times

Re: Feature Request - "smaller" integration in B&R

Post by Gostev »

Never say never! Like I once did stating on these very forums that Veeam will never support tape :D
May be in future versions we will add something like that, who knows... it's just not in the current plans.