Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
vvilla
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Vicente Villagrasa

Feature request - Some kind of autodeployment

Post by vvilla »

Hello every one.

It would be great (at least for me, of course) to be able to deploy the service in an automated manner or at least, configuring the service without having to do it manually computer by computer. For example some way to save or export the final config in an INI file to deploy it through all the computers.

Thanks and keep the good job.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature request - Some kind of autodeployment

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Vicente,

This is a request that we see a lot :-D. I doubt we will be able to support this through v1, although you will be able to deploy it through group policy or other 3rd party deployment tool. For the config, that is certainly on the table, but again, I expect it not to make the v1 release.

Thanks

Mike
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Vicente,
The plan is to provide the ability to setup and reconfigure Veeam Endpoint Backup thru the Microsoft Group Policies :wink:
Alex13
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Alexandre

Post by Alex13 »

Why not from Veeam B&R ?
You could include advanced features (like notifications, centralized schedule and backup config, deployment,...) for those who have B&R licences :)
ninjaburn81
Expert
Liked: 19 times
Full Name: Adam Vogini

Post by ninjaburn81 »

Welcome to the board Alex!

The auto deployment suggestions have been echoed elsewhere too. Don't forget tho that the target base for this app are single PCs and very small deployments. (At least for now.) Plus, with the exception of using Veeam repositories, VEB is a standalone product that is not tying into B&R. (But you, me, and every other end user is hoping otherwise.)

Check out this thread on suggestions being made for a central web console, similar to Enterprise Mansger. http://forums.veeam.com/veeam-endpoint- ... 25465.html Deployment I believe was one of the suggestions already, but take a look!