Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
techgirl
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Free or paid ? Confusion

Post by techgirl »

I get paid by a small company to either set up new Windows laptops or wipe off old employee and refresh for new employee. I install all the programs they use, their shortcuts, ensure their firewall, A-V is running, Windows updates up to date, set browser homepage and search engine, etc... They are using Windows backup - most of them use a portable drive. A few are backing up to their personal folder on the company in-house NAS (a QNAP). I recommended to try the "endpoint backup" which I believed was free because it's supposed to take less space. I installed on 2 users laptops to test the difference in size. I am confused with your offerings and a salesperson called me and confused me even more. While it would be impressive to oversee and monitor everyone from a central computer or remotely, it's not necessary. I have taught them all well to regularly check their security and updates status and VEB nicely shows them GREEN bars (hopefully). I am not allowed to be doing this or what?

I have read many pages here and not knowing all the terms makes me think to look to something simpler or stay with Windows own backup ? There's no virtual anything as far as I can tell, they're standard laptops you can buy in a store.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Free or paid ? Confusion

Post by Dima P. »

Hi techgirl,

You can use VAW 20 Free version - no limits here. Local folders and shared folders are fully supported. Workstation and Server editions basically give you additional options/features. Check the edition comparison here.