Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Psychor
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Home Server Backup

Post by Psychor »

I have a home server that runs Win 2012 R2 server. Our files are stored on an 8TB RAID 10 array running off of an Adaptec RAID card.

I still trying to figure out the most efficient way to create a backup of this array in case the RAID 10 ever dies.

Currently I have an 8TB non-RAID drive in the server where I store backups. I've tried setting up a script to Robocopy all files to that single drive and as of late I've been using DriveSnapshot to create a differential backup from a base hash and storing it on the single drive. I'll then Robocopy the files from that single drive to an external 8TB drive which is not stored in the server.

There has to be a better way. :) Any suggestions? Would Veeam Endpoint be good for this? Is there a single file size limit for Veeam Endpoint? I love using it on my home workstation.

Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2721 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Home Server Backup

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

There is no limit for the file size and Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE is much smarter than just copying files, so give it a try. You can either use entire system or volume level backup to protect your data, file-level is also possible, but might take a bit more time compared to the first 2 modes.

Thank you!