Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
baber
Veteran
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Babak Seyedi nejad

how can get backup from physical server through veeam backup and replication

Post by baber »

Dear all
Hi

1- please imagine i have a physical server HP DL380G9 and now want get backup from it and restore it on the other physical server indeed use bare metal recovery and i want integrate that with veeam backup and replication now is that mandatory install veeam agent for windows on veeam backup server ?

2- can i add physical server to veeam and then get backup from that server or had to install veeam agent for windows manually on physical server ?

BR
Babak
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: how can get backup from physical server through veeam backup and replication

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Babak,

You can use VBR to manage the agents. There are different modes that you can choose from, but in case of a server, you probably want to go for the agent that is fully managed by Veeam Backup & Replication. That also means you can deploy it from the console (even automatically through discovery rules but since it is only one server...)

The guide for integration can be found here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95

Brgds,
Mike