Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Nk123
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Janu jan

How can I only install the services I only need in veeam 12

Post by Nk123 »

Hi,
I tried to install veeam community 12 on windows2022 test server to how the software works. My plan is to use it for bare metal Backup and Workstation. But I see that veeam install so much Services azure, other stuff of service I will not use yet. I use default repositories +Backup repositories and schedule Jobs and also use rdx Tage (repositories are mirrored on that tape, so that rotating the tape will not disturb the processed. How can I only install that stuff I only need? Or is that not possible?
Thanks
Jan
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: How can I only install the services I only need in veeam 12

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Jan,

Veeam B&R is an enterprise backup product that supports many workloads, there is no way to 'remove' some parts of this product unfortunately. Based on your description you might need a Veeam Agent for Windows product, it can be used to protect single machine and restore it whenever it's required. Thanks!
Nk123
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Janu jan

Post by Nk123 »

Thank, so which Veeam services can be turned from automatic to manuell. Which service must be left on automatic to define Jobs, schedule Job, define repositories and backup pcs defined in Inventory?
Bye
Jan
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Jan. We never tested our product with some services in non-default startup settings, so we cannot give you recommendations on mandatory services. You can try for yourself and see what works for you, but you would be venturing into an "unsupported" territory. Thank you