Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
vroom
Novice
Liked: never

missing update to 9.5 but i run 10...

Post by vroom »

Hey i am getting this warning under backup infrastructure -> managed servers -> missing updates

the error says:
Veeam Backup & Replication Patch #KB2970: Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4b (mandatory update)
Description: This update includes new platform versions support and addresses issues reported by customers on the previous builds of Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4
https://www.veeam.com/kb2970
When i try and click "rescan" the same error is presented.
However the update seems to pertain to the old version of veeam, 9.5. I have recently updated to 10. The client version updated as well at that time and is sitting at 4.0.0.1811 which i believe is latest.

what is this error about and how do i correct? please let me know thanks.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: missing update to 9.5 but i run 10...

Post by Dima P. »

Hello vroom,

Can you please clarify for which component you get this notification (any chance that's related to some server that has been decommissioned but remains registered in Veeam B&R console)? Thank you!
vroom
Novice

Post by vroom »

No its actually an agent running on the same machine as the server (just community edition, one machine backs up itself and some VM's). I can do a "host discovery" scan and it completes fine. The machine backs up fine. The only problem is this error which doesnt make sense. Its complaining about 9.5 but i updated over the weekend to 10 as i said.

i did restart today as well. same problem.

Under managed servers, i have vmware vsphere and then microsoft windows. Its under microsoft windows that this error appears as it is the windows agent.
i would submit a screen shot but this forum does not accept images still *sigh*
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks for the details! Was agent upgraded as well? Can you please place the screenshot to any public hosting and share the link (you can PM me the google drive / one drive link as well).
vroom
Novice

Post by vroom »

agent says 4.0.0.1811 as i said. i believe that is latest, but if you can please confirm that would be great. Like i said, its on the same machine, so the agent has the same install date as the whole suite.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

vroom,

Unfortunately, I cant say what goes wrong - debug log analysis is required. Can I ask you to raise a support case via Veeam Agent for Windows UI and share the case ID with me? Thank you in advance!