Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
alielnagar
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: ali elnagar

need help about backup word and excel file on all workstation hard disk

Post by alielnagar »

hello
please i need your help
i make a backup job from veeam b&r 10 and i select workstation manage by agent and i choose a file backup (slower)
then i want to backup only a (doc,docx,xls,xlsx,pdf) extensions
but when i check personal file and set advanced for these extinctions the backup contain users profile only and i want all hard disk files
then i try to check (the folling file system object ) and add (c:\,d:\,e:\,etc)and set the advanced for including these extensions
i found the job backup all files
can you help me to make a backup job for this extinctions for all windows drive
thank you
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: need help about backup word and excel file on all workstation hard disk

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Ali,
during File-Level backup job creation, if under Objects you select a drive letter(say, "C:\"), Veeam will switch to a Volume-Level Backup for that path, since you include whole disk partition as a path. Another reason behind it, is that File Include\Exclude options take huge amount of time to parse file tree on the system and find objects you actually want\don't want to backup - so in terms of performance File-Level Backup is much slower than Volume-Level Backup, and File-Level Backup with Include\Exclude masks could be times slower than without those. Considering time is of the essence nowadays, it is much better to sacrifice some storage resources in order to have fast and reliable backup process of all your data.
To address your question, you need to define a file path(not volume letter) in order to get "100% pure File-Level Backup" with Include masks of yours - aka, set backup path to "C:\Users", "D:\Data" and set Include masks to whatever extensions you want to be processed.
/Thanks!
alielnagar
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: ali elnagar

Post by alielnagar »

you must add this option to support your customer and put a notices about this process take a long time withe lager files
and the customer use it on his risk
for me
the all pc's in my company have C: and d: drive and all of them 3 GB office document in 5 folder as example
and i can't ask from the employee (please don't make new folder )
now i take this backup daily and weekly form another backup solution and this option available on it
i am sorry to say that
finally please add this option
thank you
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev » 1 person likes this post

Noted.
/Thanks!