Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
MadJesse
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jesse Madonna

New Installation Not working

Post by MadJesse »

After installing this product I ran into he following problem. After the install there is no tray icon whatsoever. I checked to make sure nothing was hidden but it's just in fact not there. If I go to task manager i can see that the Endpoint service is running. If I try to start the program to actually configure the backup I get a job creation error. Even if I kill the process and try to restart it I get the job creation error. I have now tried restarting. Uninstalling and reinstalling with and without a restart. I have tried uninstalling and cleaning up the registry and still it does not work.

This computer in question is an HP Probook 4530, with Win 8.1, Office 16, Windows Defender.
I had tested on this very type of hardware before implement this solution.
Also the media recovery wizard does seem to work fine.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: New Installation Not working

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Could you please disable windows defender and give it a try one more time?

Thanks
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: New Installation Not working

Post by Mike Resseler »

Jesse,

On top of the request of Pavel, the user you used to install VEB, is that the same user that can't find the tray icon? Also, what exact error are you receiving when you try to configure the backup job?

Thanks

Mike