Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
r.walat
Novice
Liked: never

One backup to rule them all

Post by r.walat »

Hi,

For a start, Veeam it's a great app, really I don't know how i could live without it so far ;)

I'm doing backups from few computers in my home network to a NAS server. Everything works fine but i have a question about restoring single files. Is there any way to restore file from backup using another PC?
Example: I need something like backup manager where I could choose from which backup i want to restore.

Thanks in advance!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: One backup to rule them all

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi R.walat,

First: Welcome to the forums
Second: I might misunderstand your request, but you should be able to recover from ANY backup with ANY of those few computers. When you use another PC, all you need to do is browse to the correct backup chain. then you will be able to recover from that backup. the scenario here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=21 is written for original location, but if you simply browse to another backup chain (from another computer) you can recover from there also.

One of the scenario's I already used (a few times) is to install a brand new PC, fully clean instead of doing BMR from my old PC to the new hardware (depends on how much I "played" with that old PC ;-)). But when the installation is finished, I installed VAW on it and used it to restore my previous files from my old computer

Cheers
Mike
r.walat
Novice
Liked: never

Post by r.walat »

Wow... i'm quite ashamed about how simple that was ;)

Thank you very much, it's gonna be great help!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Why being ashamed for asking a question, remember that there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers ;-) Let us know if there is something else

cheers
Mike