I use Veeam Endpoint Backup on my personal computers for disaster recovery. After all every hard disk will fail.
1. The single hard disk in my laptop failed
2. I inserted the new hard disk
3. I booted from recovery media
4. I choose bare metal restore
5. Veeam found my recovery set
At this point I think it should just work. You have the recovery set, you have the disk - just do it.
I get a message about disk mapping.
You have to psychically know
to right click on the disk label and choose "Apply layout" (https://helpcenter.veeam.com/endpoint/1 ... pping.html
* please amend this screen to include the text "Right click on the disk label below to apply a disk layout"
This is a brilliant product that I have recommended to thousands of users though my blog and I hope that you will make this change to make it even better.