Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
voyager529
Influencer
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Joey Famiglietti

Possibly obvious: no cooperation bt B&R Free and Endpoint?

Post by voyager529 » 1 person likes this post

Hey all,

I've been playing around with Veeam stuff. My home setup is more elaborate than most normal people, but largely because I use it to test things.

Veeam Endpoint Backup is heading to home use. I'm currently using it over garden variety SMB shares, but I wanted to try Backup & Recovery as a repo for it. From what I can tell though, the free edition of B&R doesn't support being a backup repository, so I'd need the paid copy in order for Endpoint Backup to target the B&R Server. That seems to be the way that things are set up at this juncture, and I certainly don't fault Veeam for having to make a buck somewhere. I just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing anything obvious as I do my testing.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Best,
Joey
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Possibly obvious: no cooperation bt B&R Free and Endpoin

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Joey,

Indeed Veeam B&R Free edition does not support backup repository integration, but fully supports all the restore functionality around endpoint backup including application items restore. As a workaround, you may use a CIFS located on VBR free machine :wink: