Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
cwhitmore
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Carlton Whitmore

Problems with recovery from Azure container

Post by cwhitmore »

I'm testing the Windows agent and recovering a backup from Azure container. When I boot from the recovery ISO everything seems good, but I get to the option to recover from the Azure container and it asks for the access key. That key is like 60+ characters long. I've tried typing it in manually, but I'm getting an error. Not sure if I'm mistyping it or this is something unrelated. I'm able to restore from local B&R repository fine. Anyone come up with a way to do copy/paste?
I've opened a ticket #02983895

Error message: GetAzureExternalConfigurationService: Failed to connect to agent 'veeamre-pojjwkx', EP '[::10:2500;127.0.0.1:2500'.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Problems with recovery from Azure container

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I'm not aware of any way to copy & paste to the Windows bare metal restore environment (maybe there is a remote console that can do it, but the ones I have seen were not able to do that). For testing purposes, I would reduce the key length to avoid typo issues.

How did the data end up in Azure blob? Is that a B&R repository (because you mentioned "local B&R repository")? If yes, did you try restore from the B&R repository (password or recovery token)

Best regards,
Hannes
cwhitmore
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Carlton Whitmore

Re: Problems with recovery from Azure container

Post by cwhitmore »

Thanks for the replay @HannesK. We setup a backup job from the agent to backup directly to an Azure container w/o going through the B&R server. We have a second backup job that does backup to the local B&R server.